We have adopted the “Encrypted Message” email system for all patient correspondence.
• This system replaces the virtual folder system previously used to communicate patient information between our offices.
• Effective immediately, virtual folder is no longer accessible.
We want to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The Encrypted Message system operates with trusted industry security standards which makes email digitally scrambled. We have chosen a system that meets HIPPA standards and is user friendly. Continuing to maintain the security and confidentiality of each patient’s electronic health record is of primary importance at SAE.
Be assured that all efforts have been taken to ensure a smooth transition. Thank you again for your trust and continued support. We enjoy being your partner in caring for all those in the Tucson community.
To get started, you will need a password to view your messages.
Once your password is setup, we will be able to electronically send any records that were originally stored in your Virtual folder.
Question: Have you received an email from SAE like the one below? You need this to set up your access to the Encrypted Message Exchange. If you have this email, Follow the instructions that begin below the image.
If you have not received such an email, please call Melissa at 520-917-2327 and let her know that you are ready to set up your password for the Encrypted Message Exchange.
FIRST: You will receive an encrypted set up email from SAE.
SECOND: Create your password.
How? There will be a hyperlink at the bottom of that email. (Notice the arrow above.)
The hyper link reads: “Click here to create your free account and read your message.”
- When you click on that hyperlink, it will take you to an area where you create a password.
- Select language
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your email address (It should appear automatically.
- Your activation code should automatically appear. If not you will find it in the email. You can copy and paste it into this form.
- Select a password (minimum 6 characters). Note: Only one password is needed per email account. (Be careful to remember the password you select.)
- Check the box to agree to the End User License Agreement.
- Click “Activate” Note: When you click “Activate” all of the information you entered disappears. That’s normal.
THIRD: Once you have created your password, you will be able to view your encrypted emails. To visit the Encrypted Message Exchange, click on this link:
This will take you to the “Encrypted Message Exchange.” Enter your email and password to view your encrypted messages.
If you are unable to open your encrypted email, please call Melissa at 520-917-2327.