The Dr. Jeff Keippel Story
With an exuberant passion for people, Endodontist Dr. Jeff Keippel has found fulfillment in his second career: Endodontics.
While he had never considered dentistry, the sheer satisfaction his father-in-law found working as a dentist sparked this former software engineer’s curiosity. He followed this new interest by shadowing his own dentist and then actually stuck his toe in the water by spending time as a volunteer at local outreach programs. “This is what I was born to do,” Jeff realized. He decided to make the leap; he has never looked back.
“It’s a delicate work,” says Jeff. “You have patients who are very anxious and perhaps have been suffering for some time. I’m able to provide them with the pain relief that allows them to resume their normal routine…that brings me a lot of fulfillment.”
Before joining SAE, Jeff completed his specialty training in endodontics at the University of Nebraska. He and his wife, an attorney turned full-time mom, enjoy raising their four children.
Jeff says that when he’s away from the office and not involved with one of their many fun family activities, he loves to study history. You could say that for Jeff, history is a hobby.
Winston Churchill is one of his favorite historical characters and has become a role model in some ways. Especially inspiring to him is a famous quote from October 29, 1941, when Churchill visited Harrow School to address the students. It was just after the Blitz and things were looking up a bit for Britain: He said, “Surely from this period of ten months, this is the lesson: Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never — in nothing, great or small, large or petty — never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”
Jeff reflects, “I’m pretty tenacious. I may face a challenge that makes me scratch my head, but I’m determined to figure it out. It’s great to work here with a team of doctors who love to help each other at times like that.”
”I do have a passion for excelling at things,” Jeff says, “but ultimately, it’s the people that drive that passion and it’s the relationships that motivate me.”
Dr. Keippel’s Credentials
- Certificate of Advanced Specialty Education: Endodontics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Lincoln, NE
- Doctor of Dental Medicine: A.T. Still University, Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health, Mesa, AZ
- The American Association of Endodontics: Student Achievement Award in Endodontics
- Certificate of Public Health: A.T. Still University, Mesa, AZ
- Master of Science: Management Information Systems, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Bachelor of Science: Business Administration, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Diplomate to the American Board of Endodontists
- Member: American Association of Endodontists, American Dental Association