The Dr. Tom Kramkowski Story
Imagine a small boy falling ill in the dentist’s chair. Slightly embarassed, uneasy, a bit scared and vulnerable… then, tended to with compassion and reassurance by his dentist, this little boy emerges confidently, sparked with an interest in dentistry and a unique vision for patient care. Introducing Endodontist Dr. Tom Kramkowski, that little boy now grown up, now works as at Southern Arizona Endodontics, to bring that same relief and comfort he experienced, to every patient who sits in his dental chair.
He says, “I have seen patients grip the armrests of the chair so tightly, I thought they would break them off, but with a little wit, gentleness, and compassion, I can usually put their mind at ease. Then with our state of the art procedures, I can provide for them a pain-free and pleasurable experience.” He says with a grin, “You’re focusing on a single tooth, but you have to keep in mind that there is a patient attached to that tooth.” His approach must work, since he has had patients actually fall asleep during the procedure.
Working around a lot of people, as he does here, comes naturally to Dr. Tom since he grew up part of a large family with three brothers and three sisters. He and his wife have two daughters; whose hugs and squeals make coming home one of those “it doesn’t get better than this” moments. With buttons popping off his vest, he says, “I’m thrilled that my older daughter is already involved in gymnastics, dance and has her eyes set on playing soccer. She’s just carrying on the tradition of the sports loving family I grew up in.
At work, it’s much like family. A great group of doctors, a solid core, a great team of caring people. I look forward to the time I spend with them and my patients. I love what I’m doing and I’m surprised when suddenly the end of the day comes.”
And to think…so many people experience great care in their dental chair because a little boy named Tommy got sick in his.
Dr. Kramkowski’s Credentials
- Certificate of advanced Graduate Studies: Endodontics, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
- Master of Science Degree: Endodontics, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree: University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, CO
- Bachelor of Science Degree: Medical Science, University of Colorado, Denver, CO
- Undergraduate Studies: Chemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Member: American Association of Endodontists, American Dental Association, Southern Arizona Dental Society, Pima Dental Study Club
- Lecturer: Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
- Published Research: 2009 Journal of Endodontics
Dr. Kramkowski’s Team
Ashley, Maria (back), and Nohely