We developed the following list to assist you as you prepare for your appointment:
• Please ensure that you have your current insurance information before your appointment.
• Pre-medicate, if you normally do, before dental appointments.
• Eat regular meals before your appointment, unless having I.V. sedation.
• If you are given X-rays or a referral card by your general dentist, please bring them to your appointment.
• Please contact our office for any questions about payment requirements before your appointment.
• You can save additional time by filling out our patient registration form before
For a form you can complete online, CLICK HERE.
Your comfort is our primary concern. We anesthetize the tooth in the same way your general dentist would when placing a filling. Most patients tell us that the root canal was easier than some fillings they have had in the past.
It is possible that you will need antibiotics. The root canal treatment removes the source of the infection. Your body's natural imune system will usually take care of any residual bacteria. Antibiotics are prescribed for circumstances when the body needs help in this process. The doctor will make this decision after evaluating and treating the tooth.
The amount of time a procedure takes depends on the details of the procedure you’re having and the type of tooth involved. We estimate your time in the office to last approximately 1 to 2 hours.
No, we do not require a referral from a dentist. Please call us at 520.322.0800 to set up an appointment today.