Getting to Know Endodontist Dr. Daniel Funk
Daniel Funk walks into work every day on a mission to provide care, compassion and service to people in pain. Always on his mind is a quiet concern over how his patients are feeling.
“I try to put myself in people’s shoes to see how I can help them,” he says. “The patients are the reason we’re here. They trust us. That’s an awesome responsibility and something I don’t take lightly.”
Daniel’s professional attitude is simply an extension of his personal values. As a devout Christian, Daniel’s life is wholly focused on what matters most to him- loving others through service – a quality he demonstrates both at, and away from work.
What do I do when I’m not working? I love being on a boat, fishing, skiing or just cruising. Nothing makes me happier then sharing the water with my family.
In early 2007, Daniel moved his family to Tucson from Spokane, Washington to work for John Hughes – the man he credits with inspiring him to switch careers from engineering to Endodontics.
“People come here in a lot of pain. In a fairly short time I can have them feeling a whole lot better. That’s what I like most about endodontics.”
Dr. Funk’s Credentials
- Residency and Certification: Endodontics, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry, Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA
- Bachelor of Science Degree: Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Member: American Association of Endodontists, American Dental Association, Arizona Dental Association, PIMA Dental Study Club
- Published Author: Journal of Medical Microbiology
- Recipient: National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant
- Military Service: United States Navy (1989 – 1995)